Jay Moore’s music can be classified as Afro-Reggae fusion with elements of RnB. His latest single 'Bless Up' is aimed at uplifting people & showing gratitude to the fans & to those who were there during trying times! The visuals were filmed in the slums of Lagos, Nigeria where it all began for Jay Moore.
He started in career in 2017 with debut single ‘You Know’ featuring L.A.X. 'You Know' was a huge success, became an online sensation and set a unique path for Jay Moore in the Afro music scene.
Jay Moore has been releasing well polished songs from the start of his music journey, all best encapsulated in his 'Everything and Moore, Vol 1' album released in 2019 which featured his standout solo track 'Different Vibe'.
Here is a quick lowdown from our discussion with Jay Moore:
• How would you describe your sound?
Afro-Dancehall mixed with a bit of Pop and RnB
• What artist would you compare yourself to and why, if any?
Burna, Mugeez R2bees and Wizkid because it has an Urban, Afro feel to Dancehall
• How do you see your sound evolving in the next few years?
I see it being as big as Burnas and Wizkids where its at the world stage
• What are your musical highlights so far?
Having features with A-list musicians like Runtown, R2bees and L.A.X & releasing Projects that have amassed millions of streams.
• What differentiates you from other artists in the industry?
Being Independent and creating a lane for myself
• What track or artist do you often listen to?
I listen to all sorts of genre but specifically anything that has a touch of dancehall in it, from Collie Buddz to Burna to Wiz and PND
• If you could work with or open for any artist, who would it be?
Burna boy most definitely
• What is your creative / writing process?
I’m a melodies type of artist; I usually create the melodies first off just listening to the beat and then later change them to lyrics
• What would you like to see more of to support new and emerging musicians like yourself?
I’d like to see more panels like Spotify for artist where independent musicians like myself can pitch their music directly to where it needs to get
• So what’s next for Jay Moore, what should we be expecting?
'Peace Of Mind', the 12 track LP dropping early next year, looking forward to that
• Anything else you would like to add?
Just want to thank all my supporters for bringing me this far, I’m not where id like to be yet but I acknowledge the growth and support especially being independent
Connect with Jay Moore: